Even though we are in our new building, we still have 20 years of mortgage payments ahead of us and fundraisers play a big role in our building, equipment needs, and day to day operations, so we can't stop completely.
Calico has made the decision to try something new this year regarding fundraising.
This is what we ask of you:
Recreational Families: $125.00 for the entire 2020-2021 season per family.
Competitive families: $250.00 for the entire 2020-2021 season per family.
This can be achieved in three ways:
Calico provides many fundraising options throughout the season. Any participation in these fundraisers will count towards your fundraising requirement.
During the first week of classes you will be asked to swap a $125.00 (Recreational) or $250.00 (Competitive) post-dated cheque (June 1, 2021) for fundraising breakdown and details for the season. Participation in fundraisers will be tracked by the Calico Administrator. Each fundraiser will count towards your fundraising in varying amounts depending on the payout of each fundraiser.
You have until June 1, 2021 to meet your fundraising requirement.
If you have reached your fundraising requirement by June 1, 2021 your provided post-dated cheque will be voided.
If you haven’t reached your fundraising requirement by June 1, 2021 Calico will cash your provided post-dated cheque. For any fundraising amount over $10.00 a credit for the amount you fundraised will be put on your account to be used towards your next session.
If you exceed your fundraising requirement by June 1, 2021 your provided post-dated cheque will be voided, and 25% of any excess fundraising amount will be returned to you in the form of a credit provided the 25% amount is over $10.00. This credit will be put on your account to be used towards your next season. You have the entire 2020-2021 season to participate in fundraising, even if your child is only in one session.
Examples (there will be more opportunities than those listed here):
- Raffle Tickets (Season Long Fundraiser) would count 100% towards your requirements. So, sell fifteen $10 raffle tickets and you have met your requirement.
- Cheesecakes (Spring Fundraiser) would count towards your requirements at $5/cake sold.
- Mix and match! Sell 10 raffle tickets to count $100 towards your requirement and sell 10 cheesecakes to count $50 towards your requirement.
2. Cash donations of any amount can be put towards your fundraising requirement. Examples are: bottle money, garage sale earnings, lemonade stand, etc.
3. Opt-out of fundraising and choose to pay your fundraising requirement in full at the time of registration.